General Collection - 21 Days
Magazines/Periodicals (Main Stacks) - 7 Days
Reserve Collection (Hourly) - LIBRARY USE ONLY
Reference Collection - LIBRARY USE ONLY
Checking Out Materials:
- A photo ID card (such as a driver's license, school ID, or other state-issued ID) and your RCCD ID# must be presented to borrow books, videos, magazines, or reserve materials.
- Students can check out up to 20 books at the same time, but only ONE reserve textbook may be checked out at a time.
- Community borrowers can check out up to 5 books at the same time, but they cannot check out reserve items.
- Circulating books may be returned to any of the 3 RCCD college libraries.
- Reserve materials must be returned to the reserve desk at the appropriate college.
Late Charges & Overdue Fines:
- Daily checkouts - 20¢/day per item (cash only)
- Hourly checkouts - $1/hour per item (cash only)
- Holds will be placed on any student's record if s/he owes more than $25, and the student WILL NOT be able to check out library materials, register for classes, or obtain transcripts.
- Renewals are allowed if the book is not overdue and no one else has requested the book.
- To renew, bring your photo ID card and the book to the Circulation Desk or call (951) 372-7019.
- If you place a hold for a book that is checked out, you will be notified once it becomes available.
- Books awaiting pickup will be held for three days.
- Request to hold a book at either the Reference or Circulation Desk.
- You may request and check out material in any of the three RCCD college libraries.
- A total of 3 requests may be filled at one time.
- The Reference Librarian will assist you in filling out the request forms.
- Books will be available at the Circulation Desk upon arrival.
- If a library book cannot be located, you can fill out a search request at the Circulation Desk.
- The Circulation Staff will search for the item for two weeks and then notify you about the outcome of the search.